bem☆900

★ ★ ★
home. about. labels. archives. others.

Sunday, 15 March 2026

Fugazi - Albini Sessions (Benefits for Letter Charity) (2026)


Finally they released the Steve Albini version for In For The Kill Taker!!! One of my favs from them. Originally scrapped because they were not satisfied with it. Now I just bought the digital album from their Bandcamp page and I'm excited to listen to it XD

First listen I might prefer this more than the official version. I think it sounds more raw or maybe it's just recency bias :* Walken's Syndrome sounds super good here, Returning the Screw and 23 Beats Off are better here too. Like the DRUMMSS it's so good. Loved Last Chance for a Slow Dance too & Sweet and Low doesn't sound like a bore here :* tho I would prefer if they kept that track somewhere in the middle but other than that I like this new track listing too. Anyway, I've always like Steve's production style and I think it works for this album, the original version (produced by Ted Nicely) is still good tho and I can understand why they go for that one instead. Like Rend It is still one of the best song ever but I'm still not sure if I prefer this or Ted's version.

This album is only available digitally for a name-your-own-price download album (for minimum of $10) on Bandcamp. Faced Squared and Smallpox Champion can be streamed for free below. Come check it out!!


at March 15, 2026
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: Fugazi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Note

Personal blog. No theme whatsoever. I'll post here when I want to say more than I can on twitter or bluesky.

Report Abuse

About Me

Bruno
View my complete profile

Powered by Blogger

Labels

  • Bad Religion
  • Fugazi
  • Girls Against Boys
  • Jordan Knight

Blog Archive

  • March 2026 (1)
  • January 2026 (2)
  • October 2025 (2)

Others

In progress.....