bem☆900

★ ★ ★
home. about. labels. archives. others.

Tuesday, 27 January 2026

Jordan Knight - Jordan Knight (1999)

 


I spent my new years watching HGTV and in Rock the Block, Jonathan and Jordan were one of the contestants in that show. I liked their house the most but I knew they won't win when they made that basement into a recording studio. Very pretty but it's just too niche for this kind of show where the value is in how many people they can sell it to. Still I rooted for them, my second choice was the Hawaiian couple (they also lost).

Now, I'm quite familiar with these 2 because NKOTB had collaborated with Lady Gaga a few years ago... Big Girl Now and Full Service from their album The Block (great songs!), but that's all I know about them, haven't checked the other tracks in that album also. I was a huge fan of her when I was a kid because she's fun, different from the other pop stars at that moment and her songs are catchy.

Anyway, few days after that, I was listening to the radio omw to work and they played the song Give it to You by Jordan Knight. So good I thought it must have been divine intervention or something because I remembered watching him on tv few days before (I keep saying few days here :P). So, after I reached office, I set up my laptop and everything and went straight to Apple Music to play the whole album.

Give It To You - 100% bop

A Different Party - so fun!!! 

Change My Ways - so good!!!

I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man - erm

It sounds good if you ignore the lyrics because I think by turning it into a sappy ballad, it strips off the fun of that song (imo it's a funny and not serious song). But still I won't call it bad or terrible. Thankfully the next few tracks are good. Absolute fav is Don't Run. Mariah already uses this sample for The Roof (fkin good), it's hard to beat that one but this one is still very good. Separate Ways also amazing. The last 2 tracks are okay. The remix is okay. The European bonus track Can I Come Over Tonight is also nice.

This album has made me a Jordan Knight fan. What do you guys call yourselves??? I'm that now :*


at January 27, 2026
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: Jordan Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
View mobile version
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Note

Personal blog. No theme whatsoever. I'll post here when I want to say more than I can on twitter or bluesky.

Report Abuse

About Me

Bruno
View my complete profile

Powered by Blogger

Labels

  • Bad Religion
  • Fugazi
  • Girls Against Boys
  • Jordan Knight

Blog Archive

  • March 2026 (1)
  • January 2026 (2)
  • October 2025 (2)

Others

In progress.....